[MINC-users] classify: how to use

Jason Lerch jason at mouseimaging.ca
Wed May 4 07:14:52 EDT 2016

Hi all,

for those interested, we created a sort of replacement for classify:

https://github.com/Mouse-Imaging-Centre/classify-sklearn <https://github.com/Mouse-Imaging-Centre/classify-sklearn>

It’s based on python’s scikit-learn, and currently comes with a mix of classifiers (random forests, bayes, etc.). An example or two of how to use it is on the wiki part of that github page (though obviously more documentation is needed).

Biggest advantage over classify - doesn’t crash when outputting posterior probabilities with multispectral input - and doesn’t require the creation of a frankenbrain when training a classifier based on multiple subjects. Otherwise should be quite similar to the venerable old classify.

Doesn’t have a variant of classify_clean yet though.

Jason