[MINC-users] mincaverage error

Robert D. Vincent robert.d.vincent at mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 11 10:42:41 EDT 2015

Hi Andrew,

I wouldn't be averse to making it configurable, but I don't see much
advantage. The constant is only used in voxel_loop (to set the maximum
number of open files) and in image_conversion.c, where it is used just as
an increment to the number of ICV pointers allocated. I don't see a problem
with allocated a group of 1000 pointers at a time there.

The voxel_loop behavior when the number of input files exceeds this limit
is really not something we want to trigger - it constantly opens and closes
file handles, maintaining a single open file handle. It's completely
untenable if you accidentally invoke this with compressed files, for
example!

    -bert