[MINC-users] mincaverage error

Robert D. Vincent robert.d.vincent at mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 11 10:07:26 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I have a partial fix for this issue. The voxel_loop code enforces a maximum
number of open files based on the constant MI_MAX_NUM_ICV, which is
currently set to 32. The way the code is written, if it cannot open all of
the files, it opens them one at a time. This causes some serious overhead
that seems to lead to an out-of-resource condition in the HDF5 library.

I will continue to investigate whether we can fix the resource leak, but in
the short run I will increase the number allowable open files to something
more realistic, like 1000. This can be done by changing the value of
MI_MAX_NUM_ICV in minc.h.

    -bert