[MINC-users] Providing masks in CIVET?

Claude LEPAGE claude at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed Jan 7 18:03:19 EST 2015

Hi Gabriel,

mincbet is an improved version of FSL bet, based on minc volumes.
The masks from mincbet are generally excellent, except in some
extreme cases (infants, pathologies with huge ventricles in old
subjects).

The mask in CIVET-1.1.12 and CIVET-2.0.0 is used as a white matter
mask only. It is not used as a gray matter mask. The pial boundary
is determined by expansion of the white surface up to CSF. It is
very rare that the mask will truncate white matter. Beware that
the mask has evolved greatly since CIVET-1.1.11 when a comparison
between BeAST and an older version of mincbet was done..

Claude