[MINC-users] Building bicpl-1.6.4 on Ubuntu 12.04

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 10:53:51 EDT 2014

On 5 June 2014 00:28, Andrew Wood <andrew at biospective.com> wrote:
> So my configure command was really this:
> ./configure --with-minc2 --prefix=/my/build/ --with-build-path=/my/build/
> --with-image-ppm
>
> It may be worth noting that the script I use to build this stuff used to
> work on Ubuntu 10.04.
>
> I'm looking at an old build log, and the gcc command which is currently
> failing actually worked on 10.04 (i.e. it didn't have -lpbm either). So
> something must have changed in the ppm/pbm libraries? Or perhaps I had
> statically linked a library before which is currently trying to link
> dynamically?

Interesting. You are using --with-image-ppm with EBTKS and it builds
correctly? With some combinations I have seen it build but fail
silently and just not include the ppm part in EBTKS at which point you
only notice something has broken with bicpl.

I have just dug out my old prereq file. Seems there was a change.

ubuntu-maverick: libnetcdf-dev libhdf5-serial-dev libnetpbm9-dev
fftw-dev libgsl0-dev libgetopt-tabular-perl libmni-perllib-perl
libxext-dev glutg3-dev imagemagick libtext-format-perl

ubuntu-precise: libnetcdf-dev libhdf5-serial-dev libnetpbm10-dev
fftw-dev libgsl0-dev libgetopt-tabular-perl libmni-perllib-perl
libxext-dev imagemagick libtext-format-perl freeglut3-dev

Note the change libnetpbm9-dev to libnetpbm10-dev.