[MINC-users] Building bicpl-1.6.4 on Ubuntu 12.04

Andrew Wood andrew at biospective.com
Wed Jun 4 10:28:11 EDT 2014

Hi Andrew,

I'm actually building all of the BIC/MNI stuff from scratch (tarball
releases).

So my configure command was really this:
./configure --with-minc2 --prefix=/my/build/ --with-build-path=/my/build/
--with-image-ppm

It may be worth noting that the script I use to build this stuff used to
work on Ubuntu 10.04.

I'm looking at an old build log, and the gcc command which is currently
failing actually worked on 10.04 (i.e. it didn't have -lpbm either). So
something must have changed in the ppm/pbm libraries? Or perhaps I had
statically linked a library before which is currently trying to link
dynamically?

I'm stumped..

Thanks,
Andrew