[MINC-users] mincresample: possible to combine 2 or more anistropic volumes to reconstruct one high-res isotropic volume?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu May 17 19:23:45 EDT 2012

Hi Michel,

> I have a student working on spine modeling, and we have some CT datasets with complementary anistropic sampling orientations: e.g.: one with sub-mm in x-y, and 2 mm (as I recall) in z; a second that is sub-mm in x-z, 2mm in y; and a third, that is sub-mm in y-z, 2mm in x.
>
> Is there a means of using mincresample, or some other MINC tool, that leads to a combination of several datasets to produce one sub-mm isotropic volume, with optimal reconstruction qualities?

Years ago a wrote a thing called volregrid to do some k-space
regridding of sodium imaging data. I used it a bit for that but others
at the BIC abused it to do pretty much exactly what you are after for
ultrasound data.

You can get it here:

   https://github.com/andrewjanke/volregrid

You'd run it something like this:

-xstep <blah> ...  in1.mnc in2.mnc out.mnc

I'd probably also use -gaussian and a leave everything else at the
defaults as your data is sort of "head-ish" in resolution. there are
others on here who have used volregrid so they might pipe up with some
help also.