[MINC-users] mincresample: possible to combine 2 or more anistropic volumes to reconstruct one high-res isotropic volume?

Audette, Michel A. maudette at odu.edu
Thu May 17 18:15:33 EDT 2012

Dear MINC users,

I have a student working on spine modeling, and we have some CT datasets with complementary anistropic sampling orientations: e.g.: one with sub-mm in x-y, and 2 mm (as I recall) in z; a second that is sub-mm in x-z, 2mm in y; and a third, that is sub-mm in y-z, 2mm in x.

Is there a means of using mincresample, or some other MINC tool, that leads to a combination of several datasets to produce one sub-mm isotropic volume, with optimal reconstruction qualities?

Thanks for your kind consideration. Best wishes,

Michel
Michel Audette, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
Department of Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Engineering,
Old Dominion University,
Norfolk, VA.