[MINC-users] Best way to convert UNC to MINC

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 07:52:38 EDT 2012

> I'm sorry to keep asking similar questions recently, but could someone please tell me the best way to
> convert UNC images into MINC format?  I've tried converting UNC directly into MINC using "unc2mnc", > but these MINC image was not properly displayed using "register".

>  1.  Is this the best way to convert UNC images into MINC format?

Probably by using unc2mnc, having yet another format in the middle is
never a good idea. I wrote unc2mnc as a quick hack a long time ago but
as far as I am aware the format hasn't changed much.

As discussed already, there is no way you are going to get around the
"coronal" conversion problems as from what I know despite the images
being stored in UNC in "coronal" orientation there is no way to deduce
this from the UNC file. As such unc2mnc presumes all UNC images are
transverse. At least this is how I remember things!