[MINC-users] Best way to convert UNC to MINC

Nam, Kie Woo kie_woo.nam at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 08:20:24 EDT 2012

Dear Dr Andrew Janke,

Thank you very much for the answer. I understand that I can convert a coronal UNC image into MINC format either by using (1) "coronal2axial" and "unc2mnc" or (2) "unc2analyze" and "nii2mnc" or "rawtominc".

So, I'm very sorry to bother you again, but would you be able to recommend which one to use between "nii2mnc" and "rawtominc" if I try option (2)? I wish to try both options because I'm equally worried about the risk from coronal-to-axial conversion as much as that from the UNC-to-Analyze one.

Many thanks,

Kie Woo

Kie Woo Nam
Postgraduate Research Student
Division of Psychological Medicine
Department of Psychosis Studies
Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London
De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill
London SE5 8AF, UK