[MINC-users] "register" command

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:55:16 EST 2011

Hi Lisa

> I am using MINC 2.0.18 on an Ubuntu system.

Which version of register are you running?

   $ register -version

Should return

   register:  Version: 1.4.0

> I am facing issues using the "register" command. The error that I receive is
> as follows:
>> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>>   Major opcode of failed request:  128 (GLX)
>>   Minor opcode of failed request:  26 (X_GLXMakeContextCurrent)
>>   Serial number of failed request:  48
>>   Current serial number in output stream:  48

This usually means that your hardware doesn't support Hardware OpenGL
rendering (rare these days) or that more likely you dont have the
OpenGL software emulation layer installed. This is called freeglut on
a Ubuntu system.  I'd try to install them as such:

   $ sudo apt-get install freeglut3

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)