[MINC-users] minc tools crash in matlab

Vladimir FONOV vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 14:11:47 EDT 2010

Hello,

Mishkin Derakhshan wrote:

> I still had a problem with the emma tools though, and the culprit was
> unix.m that came with emma 0.9.9
> I changed /lab1/matlab/2009b/toolbox/emma/unix.m from
>
> function [stat,output] = unix(command)
> [output, stat] = system(command);

> function [stat,output] = unix(command)
> [stat,output] = system(command);
>

> Not sure why I'm the only person to ever come across this problem....

I found the problem a long time ago, but there is no official support
for EMMA anymore, so my changes never made it into the official tree.
Also I found that an odd behaviour of system command adding extra new
lines in the output depends on the combination of Matlab version and the
linux kernel somehow.

> mishkin
>
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 7:34 AM, Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Pierre,
>>
>> I'm with Alex on this one, the fault would seem to be on the MATLAB
>> side as I attempt to follow the debian/ubuntu rules when making my
>> packages.  I too wonder why MATLAB needs netcdf and would go with the
>> plan of attempting to replace MATLAB's version of netcdf with the
>> ubuntu version.
>>
>> Or just use octave. :)
>>

>> --
>> Andrew Janke
>> (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
>> Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 01:38, Alex Zijdenbos <alex at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>>> Hi Pierre,
>>>
>>> What does matlab need netcdf for? You may want to try to make matlab
>>> use the netcdf lib that you want, by putting a symlink in place of
>>> matlab's netcdf lib pointing to /usr/local/libnetcdf.so.4. A bit of a
>>> crude hack but hey, it might work :)

Best regards,
  Vladimir S. FONOV ~ v.s.fonov  <at> ilmarin.info