[MINC-users] minc tools crash in matlab

Mishkin Derakhshan mishkind at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 13:47:12 EDT 2010

Just revisiting an old topic because I ran into the same problems.
I can confirm that Alex's suggestion works

For those with less technical skills here is what I did:
cd /lab1/matlab/2009b/bin/glnxa64
mkdir bak
mv libnectcdf* bak/
ln -s /usr/lib/libnetcdff.so.4.0.0
ln -s libnetcdff.so.4.0.0 libnetcdf.so.4
ln -s libnetcdf.so.4.0.0 libnetcdf.so

Now things liks system('mincinfo') work fine.

I still had a problem with the emma tools though, and the culprit was
unix.m that came with emma 0.9.9
I changed /lab1/matlab/2009b/toolbox/emma/unix.m from

function [stat,output] = unix(command)
[output, stat] = system(command);

function [stat,output] = unix(command)
[stat,output] = system(command);

Not sure why I'm the only person to ever come across this problem....

mishkin