[MINC-users] MRI simulations. (fwd)

Alex Zijdenbos alex at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Jun 1 21:39:52 EDT 2010

Hello Fidel,

The reason why the simulation model has higher resolution than the
resulting simulated MRI, is to allow the simulations to contain
partial volume effects - as you would encounter in an actual MRI. In
other words, this was done to increase the realism of the simulations.

However, the images live in the same space, meaning that the world
coordinate spaces of the model and the simulation line up. This in
turn means that you can simply resample the model to the sampling
space of the simulaton (or vice versa) using something like:

   mincresample -nearest -like <T1.mnc> <crisp.mnc> <crisp_like_T1.mnc>

Note that when resampling a label (discrete) volume you will need to
use nearest neighbor "interpolation" (-nearest), otherwise you will be
left with non-integer label values. A better way to do this is to use
resample_labels which goes about it somewhat more intelligently and
will result in a less voxellated resampled label volume.

-- Alex