[MINC-users] MRI simulations. (fwd)

Sylvain Milot sylvain at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Jun 1 09:43:47 EDT 2010

A minc-users question, anyone ?

---
Sylvain Milot (sylvain at bic.mni.mcgill.ca)
               (bicadmin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca)
Brain Imaging Centre
Montreal Neurological Institute
3801 University Street
Webster 2B, Room 206
Montreal, Qc., Canada, H3A 2B4
Phone  : (514) 398-4965, Fax: 398-8948
Mobile : (514) 712-1768
Office : 527 Av Des Pins O., Room 104
          Montreal, Qc., H2W 1S4

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:50:34 +0200
From: FIDEL ALFARO ALMAGRO <falfaro13 at alumno.uned.es>
To: bicadmin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Subject: MRI simulations.

To whom it may concern,

Good morning. My name is Fidel, and I am a Spanish computer scientist
doing a PhD in Artificial Vision. At the moment, I am trying to reproduce
some algorithms regarding the segmentation of brain tumors and I want to
use some of the brain models you give in your web
http://mouldy.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/brainweb/anatomic_normal_20.html.

I am trying to create a brain atlas using your brain models, but I have a
problem: I want to download the T1 simulation of a brain model and I want
to use it as a template, using the 'CRISP' model to know the tissue
classification of each pixel. Nevertheless, the T1 simulation and the
crisp model have different dimensions ( [181,256,256] & [362,434,362] ),
being this way impossible to "adjust" one to the other, as the axis have
not the same proportion.

Why are you creating the simulations this way? Do you have T1 simulation
with the same dimensions as the rest of the brain tissue models? Do you
know an easy way to adjust the T1 simulation to the rest of the files.

Thanks in advance for your hard and useful work!

Fidel Alfaro.