[MINC-users] N3 - Changes since v 1.10.1

Burt Crépeault burt.crepeault at crulrg.ulaval.ca
Tue Jun 1 16:17:29 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Our lab recently upgraded N3 from 1.10.1 to 1.11.0. Applying nu_correct to
same images yields different results and we are trying to assess the extent
and meaning of those changes.

The 1.11.0 changelog says:

2009-06-15  Claude Lepage  <claude at bic.mni.mcgill.ca>
    * Remove downsampling in evaluation of field (computers are fast
          now, so be more accurate by sampling at full resolution)
    * Correct the field in the region outside the mask to make
          sure the mask varies smoothly away from the brain (important
          with the previous changes)
    * New program for the far-field correction

2009-05-08  Claude Lepage  <claude at bic.mni.mcgill.ca>
    * Make nu_estimate_np_and_em.in invariant to voxel steps (via
          spline_smooth in EBTKS - must use EBTKS 1.6.2 or above)
    * Free memory after usage

2008-06-10  Andrew L Janke <a.janke at gmail.com>
    * updated README, merged CHANGES and WHATSNEW into NEWS
    * src/NUcorrect/nu_estimate_np_and_EM: added code to check on
      (deprecated) use of the EM section and thus spit a warning
    * epm-header.in: removed netcdf dependency

Also, the help output from both version has one additional option in version
1.11.0:

-lambda <value>   regularization coefficient for splines [default: 1.0e-7]

I suppose these changes have been tried, tested and documented somewhere.
Can someone point me in the right direction so I can have a better idea of
what we are dealing with?

Burt.