[MINC-users] installation problems

Georgi Stoynev gstoynev at biospective.com
Thu Jul 8 11:21:05 EDT 2010

Hello minc-users,

I am new to the list and would like to apologize if I miss something.

Now, on the installation issue:

I can confirm that mincbundle cannot be installed on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx
64-bit (I haven't tried with 32-bit OS) with apt-get install.

What I did is I added "deb
http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ubuntu-lucid./" to
/etc/apt/sources.list, then:

apt-get update

apt-get install mincbundle.

Here I receive error "Size mismatch" and the package and its dependencies
could not be installed. However, I worked around this by downloading 64-bit
packages from http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ubuntu-lucid and perform
manual install with "dpkg -i <package_name>" for all of them. Now I have
them installed.

I can confirm also the second issue:

When I open .mnc with Display I am unable to see the image (Display menus
and windows are all black):

"Could not get requested colour_map_mode(0), got(1,256)
G_draw_pixels(): cannot draw rgb pixels in colour map mode.
G_draw_pixels(): cannot draw rgb pixels in colour map mode."

When I do:

register -rgb

The output is monochrome, I am unable to see the menu buttons names:

Could not get requested colour_map_mode(0), got(1,256)

The machine has Nvidia GeForce GT 240 graphic card (ubuntu 10.04 Xorg is
known to have problems with Nvidia cards). Currently I am using
nvidia-glx-185 driver version 195.36.24-0ubuntu1~10.04. I tried with the
newest driver from Nvidia Website: NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-256.35.run and the
Display/register/mincbundle issues persists.

I am open to hear ideas and try different options to make this work on
Ubuntu 10.04.

Also, could minc-users with no-Nvidia graphics confirm this issues?

Thank you very much,
George Stoynev