[MINC-users] installation problems

Sébastien Lavoie-Courchesne slice.guitar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 10:19:46 EDT 2010

Hello minc-users,

I have recently installed the mincbundle on 2 identical laptops both running
Ubuntu 10.04 and have had a bit of problems with the documentation as it
does not seem to be up to date, and several other problems with the
repositories.

I added the debian repository for Lucid Lynx (echo "deb
http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ubuntu-lucid ./" >> /etc/apt/sources.list)
to use with apt-get (Synaptic). I can select mincbundle from the list in
Synaptic and it automatically adds all dependencies, but upon installation I
get an error message saying that the package cannot be checked and skips the
mincbundle itself, installing all dependencies.
The solution I found to this was to then (in Firefox) click on the
mincbundle link and install it with GDebi (default program to install a
debian package from the internet). Doing this I found out that there was a
difference in the package name using Synaptic and using GDebi:
-Synaptic :
http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ubuntu-lucid/mincbundle-1.0.0-all.deb
-GDebi
http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ubuntu-lucid/mincbundle-1.0.0-all-2.deb,
maybe this might be the problem...

As stated in the installation tutorial, I changed my $PATH variable to
include the /usr/local/bic/bin folder for an easier use of the programs.
Maybe this could be avoided by making a link to the program files in
/usr/local/bin (ln -s)?

Other problem I found was using register to open a .mnc file, I get an error
message "Could not get requested colour_map_mode(1), got(0,0)", but the
program seems to be working fine otherwise.

Thank you for making such a nice bundle, I hope this helps you improve it.

Sébastien Lavoie-Courchesne