[MINC-users] installation problems

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 11:49:42 EDT 2010

Hi all,

> I can confirm that mincbundle cannot be installed on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx
> 64-bit (I haven't tried with 32-bit OS) with apt-get install.
>
> Here I receive error "Size mismatch"

Thanks for making me aware of this, the Packages file had somehow got
out of date with the packages themselves. I have just rebuilt it and
checked a clean install and all seems good now.

> I can confirm also the second issue:
>
> "Could not get requested colour_map_mode(0), got(1,256)
> G_draw_pixels(): cannot draw rgb pixels in colour map mode.
> G_draw_pixels(): cannot draw rgb pixels in colour map mode."
>
> The machine has Nvidia GeForce GT 240 graphic card

This issue appears to be an incompatibility between GLUT and the
nvidia driver. Other users have reported the same issue. On non-nvidia
hardware the error is still output but things still work. Luis has
reported that updating the version of GLUT in ubuntu to the latest
debian version seems to fix things:

   http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/pipermail/minc-users/2010-July/002792.html

If your problems aren't the same then the problem may be more that I
had originally thought.

Thanks

--
Andrew Janke