[MINC-users] 6-parameter fitting with minctracc

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 21:13:28 EST 2010

> Thank you for your answer.

No trouble.

> modify (point #1)!

On this note, you might find this useful:

   http://mavis.anu.edu.au/scripts/volextents

ie:

   $ volextents in1.mnc in2.mnc ...
   -xstart -118.1785899999999998 -ystart -126 -zstart
-137.15181999999998652 -xstep 1 -ystep 1 -zstep 1
   -xnelements 241 -ynelements 314 -znelements 273

The idea is that it gives you the minimum bounding box (with default
direction cosines) to enclose all of your volumes.  The output is in
"mincresample" friendly format.

---

harold:me$ volextents -help
| volextents figures out the extents of a bunch of input MINC files
|
| The output is in a form that can be used by mincresample
|    the calculated extents will start from the foremost
|    voxel of the foremost volume and extent to the number
|    of voxels required to cover the entire volume(s). This
|    will mean that volextents will often produce extents that
|    will extend beyond the required volume due to the step
|    size that is chosen. There is only one way around this
|    and that would be to instead centre the output sampling
|    around the input volumes. This has not yet been
|    implemented as I dont need it yet!  Feel free to whinge
|    if you want it and I might just add it if vast quantites
|    of chocolate are sent.
|

| Problems, comments and chocolate should be sent to: a.janke at gmail.com

Summary of options:

-- General Options -------------------------------------------------------------
   -version  print version and exit
   -verbose  be verbose
   -noverbos opposite of -verbose [default]

   -step <float>
             the step size of the output dimensions [default: 1]
   -int      round the start position to an integer
   -noint    opposite of -int [default]

Usage: volextents [options] <in1.mnc> [<in2.mnc> [...] ]
       volextents -help to list options