[MINC-users] xdisp problem addendum

Patrick Bermudez patrick at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 19 13:49:52 EDT 2009

Thanks for the suggestions Andrew.  None of those worked out but they
did arouse a suspicion that I had confirmed yesterday.  It turns out
that the failures have to do with remote X11 display.  xdisp works
fine when run locally but falls over with the font complaint when
using certain X servers under windows.  Remote display from most other
Linux systems and with OS X 's X11 seems to work fine.  This is kind
of a dumb reason for a program to fall over but I very much doubt
xdisp source code will ever be modified at this point.  I just thought
I'd post the feedback in case anyone else had this problem.  But while
on the topic, postf seg faults on remote display from any platform.
Anyone know about that?  Thanks.  Cheers.

Patrick