[MINC-users] mincresample center offset

Vladimir S. Fonov vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:51:22 EDT 2009

Hello,

Jon Erik Ween wrote:
> Thanks for that, Vladimir. I notice that none of the models/templates
> are skull stripped. Do you register the native, target  MRI (with
> skull, meninges, etc) with these or an intensity normalized, skull
> stripped image?

Yes, usually we do skull stripping after linear registration to the
template. You can make a second stage registration to improve it, using
only the brain, but then we are usually using brain masks without
actually zeroing out the skull in the volume.
The standard templates have _mask.mnc files which are brain masks.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir S. Fonov ~ vladimir.fonov <at> gmail.com