[MINC-users] mincbet

Vladimir S. Fonov vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 20:07:52 EDT 2009

Hello,

Jon Erik Ween wrote:
> Would anybody know why volumes from the same scanner would yield
> vastly different mincbet results? On several scans, I wind up with
> only half the brain masked. I've tried with and without nu_correct
> first, though mincbet on the nu_corrected file often results in seg
> faults. Is there any way to compare the image files to see why and how
> they are different (I'm not sure what the critical parameters might
> be). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
This looks a lot like errors caused by irregular sampling , the easies
way to check is to do
mincheader your_file.mnc |grep irregular
if you get something - the easies way to fix is just to replace it with
regular sampling (for example if you happen to have irregular sampling
in xspace):

minc_modify_header -sinsert 'xspace:spacing=regular__' your_file.mnc

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir S. Fonov ~ v.s.fonov <at> ilmarin.info

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir S. Fonov ~ vladimir.fonov <at> gmail.com