[MINC-users] EMMA for MacIntel

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 21:43:11 EDT 2008

Hi Jim,

Afraid I cannot help you here, although from a quick search it would
appear that you are not alone with HDF5 + Matlab + leopard/Tiger.  The
atmospheric research lot are up the creek too. :(

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:13 AM, EJ Nikelski
<nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    I have both a problem and a solution ... and a problem.  Firstly,
>  emma will not build properly on Intel Macs since the mex files have
>  the extension .mexmaci (note the trailing "i").  Happily, this is
>  avoided by either changing the MEX_EXT parameter in Makefile.macosx to
>  mexmaci (the quick work-around), or by creating a new Makefile.macOSXi
>  build file and then changing Makefile to test for processor type
>  (uname -p) in addition to OS when dealing with OSX.  So, that fixes
>  that.
>
>    Sadly, even after a happy and otherwise uneventful installation, I
>  still got a Matlab abort when trying to open a minc2 volume.   As the
>  dump showed it failing in the hdf5 library, I tried it again with the
>  same volume, but converted to minc1 ... and it worked. So, the problem
>  seems to be hdf5-related.  I built my hdf5+netcdf+minc2 from scratch,
>  and all works well ... except emma under minc2. Does anyone have any
>  ideas or suggestions?
>
>  -Jim

Andrew Janke (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia +61 (402) 700 883