[MINC-users] EMMA for MacIntel

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 18 19:13:04 EDT 2008

Hi All,

   I have both a problem and a solution ... and a problem.  Firstly,
emma will not build properly on Intel Macs since the mex files have
the extension .mexmaci (note the trailing "i").  Happily, this is
avoided by either changing the MEX_EXT parameter in Makefile.macosx to
mexmaci (the quick work-around), or by creating a new Makefile.macOSXi
build file and then changing Makefile to test for processor type
(uname -p) in addition to OS when dealing with OSX.  So, that fixes
that.

   Sadly, even after a happy and otherwise uneventful installation, I
still got a Matlab abort when trying to open a minc2 volume.   As the
dump showed it failing in the hdf5 library, I tried it again with the
same volume, but converted to minc1 ... and it worked. So, the problem
seems to be hdf5-related.  I built my hdf5+netcdf+minc2 from scratch,
and all works well ... except emma under minc2. Does anyone have any
ideas or suggestions?

-Jim