[MINC-users] RMINC v0.4

Jason Lerch jason at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri Feb 22 08:32:55 EST 2008

> Still these reasons really only make sense for the core packages.
> Still I suspect that this decision may be out of our hands and we (the
> royal ones) may in fact have to ask the McGill IP types if indeed we
> are allowed to migrate "McGill" code ofsite.

If that is really an issue then there is an easy solution: launchpad
can be used with code hosted anywhere publicly accessible, as long as
the code is managed by the bazaar version control system. So it'd be
quite easy to keep the code at www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca somewhere but
still register it with launchpad in order to get the various benefits
described above (and alternate branches created by non-mcgill folks
can still be hosted directly at launchpad and be registered with the
project.