[MINC-users] EMMA for minc2

Penhune Lab penhunelab at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 09:44:47 EST 2008

I downloaded and compiled the emma source for minc2 in a mac workstation (
10.4.11)  and encountered only one problem that can easily be fixed:

includeblood.c:14:20: error: malloc.h: No such file or directory

I fixed the problem following this forum thread
http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/index.php/t-2023.html

apparently malloc.h is deprecated in mac os (i don't know if this is true in
linux) and the best way to fix it to avoid breaking it for other platforms
is to change in includeblood.c

#include <malloc.h>

#if !defined(__APPLE__)
#include <malloc.h>
#endif

hope this helps towards a stable release of emma,

Alejandro Endo