[MINC-users] RMINC v0.4

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 07:07:14 EST 2008

>  * integration with debian/ubuntu packaging. Andrew liked this reason
>  in particular, given that debian packages appear to be our most
>  reliable binary packaging system at the moment.

I second (myself) on this one...

Launchpad is also great as it allows changes to be pushed upstream
also.  There is also the advantage of having packages participate in
nightly builds once they become part of Ubuntu/debian. I suspect
google code may have this but don't know.

Still these reasons really only make sense for the core packages.
Still I suspect that this decision may be out of our hands and we (the
royal ones) may in fact have to ask the McGill IP types if indeed we
are allowed to migrate "McGill" code ofsite.

Given that I am now back in Oz, I suspect that I cannot really
approach such people in McGill anymore. ;(

Thoughts?  or am I being overly cautious?

--
Andrew Janke (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia +61 (402) 700 883