[MINC-users] EMMA for MINC 2.x

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Oct 16 10:51:14 EDT 2007

Hi Andrew (and List),

   I would very much support the move away from Matlab, however in the
past I have found Octave project development to be very inconsistent.
The R-project, on the other hand, is under extremely active
development. Would R not be a reasonable replacement?

-Jim

> Hi Dan,
>
> Not sure if anyone replied to this, so here goes.
>
> This is certainly something that is on my big list of things to do but
> unfortunately it is not all that high up as of yet.
>
> I realise that good MATLAB integration is a big hole in MINC but I
> dont have much time to work on it as I dont have a machine with MATLAB
> on it at my disposal.
>
> What I did plan instead was a Octave MINC interface but would need a
> show of support before embarking on such a project.

> On 9/18/07, Dan Nesbitt <dnesbitt at pet.ubc.ca> wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone is working on porting EMMA to MINC 2.x?
> >
> > It looks like from the source code that EMMA uses some NetCDF
> > definitions and library calls that would require some effort to port to
> > MINC 2.x (w/HDF5).

Jim Nikelski, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Bloomfield Centre for Research in Aging
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research
Sir Mortimer B. Davis - Jewish General Hospital
McGill University
Tel: (514) 340-8222 x 2298
Fax: (514) 340-8295