[MINC-users] minc blur (mni_autoreg)

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 10:24:26 EDT 2006

On 9/12/06, Jason Lerch <jason at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> > What i find strange is that everything compiled fine using --with-
> > minc2.
> > register, xdisp and even most of mni_autoreg. only mincblur didn't
> > compile
> >
> > Andrew, when you say minc2 is still experimental, does it mean, we
> > don't
> > support (recommend) it yet or does it mean, don't use it because
> > the results
> > might be wrong?
>
> We've been using minc2 for a while now, and it is quite stable and
> has not produced incorrect results in a long while! So I would not
> worry about it being experimental anymore ...

As Jason says, mnic2 itself is stable but there is still a lot work to
do on some of the accompanying packages as they rely upon a lot of
compatibility functions in MINC 2.0 that are harbingers from the MINC
1.x chain.

Problem is MINC isn't of much use by itself! :)

--
Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012