[MINC-users] minc blur (mni_autoreg)

Jason Lerch jason at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Sep 12 10:51:53 EDT 2006

On 12-Sep-06, at 10:24 AM, Andrew Janke wrote:

> On 9/12/06, Jason Lerch <jason at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>>>
>>> What i find strange is that everything compiled fine using --with-
>>> minc2.
>>> register, xdisp and even most of mni_autoreg. only mincblur didn't
>>> compile
>>>
>>> Andrew, when you say minc2 is still experimental, does it mean, we
>>> don't
>>> support (recommend) it yet or does it mean, don't use it because
>>> the results
>>> might be wrong?
>>
>> We've been using minc2 for a while now, and it is quite stable and
>> has not produced incorrect results in a long while! So I would not
>> worry about it being experimental anymore ...
>
> As Jason says, mnic2 itself is stable but there is still a lot work to
> do on some of the accompanying packages as they rely upon a lot of
> compatibility functions in MINC 2.0 that are harbingers from the MINC
> 1.x chain.

Let me rephrase then - we've been using minc2 and most if not all of
the associated tools (mni_autoreg, conglomerate, etc) compiled
against the compatibility layer for a long while and have not had any
incorrect results recently! Everything which compiles against minc1
should work with minc2. If it does not that's clearly a bug to be fixed.

Jason