[MINC-users] 4D files in register + Analyze obj map converter

Soren Christensen sorench at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 18:10:14 EST 2006

Hi,
 Is there a known issue when displaying 4D files in register?  (I realize
that just the first frame is visualized)
I am trying to make some 4D DTI datasets in MINC format "nifti friendly" by
reshaping to get positive spatial orientation of data as descibed in
http://brainbody.nottingham.ac.uk/users/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=MincUsersGroup.FAQDataFormats
.
When I look at the original minc and the reshaped minc in register, using
the crosshair in sync mode shows that the images are spatially identical.
However, the composite image does not show overlay of the two images.  Is
there an explanation for this?

Also, what is the explanation for the dimsizes of -1 in order to achive
flipping of the data (below)?

mincreshape +direction -dimsize xspace=-1 -dimsize yspace=-1 -dimsize
zspace=-1 -dimorder zspace,yspace,xspace infile.mnc outfile.mnc

If anyone should ever need (and it is not already available?) it I have a
little perl script and a binary/c++ source to read Analyze object maps. The
binary binarizes the Analyze objmap (run length encoded) and this can then
be  converted to minc.
A perl script converts the binarized objmap to MINC given a minc template
file. There are options for -flip xyz and dimorder as the Analyze objmap is
has a very modest header and spatial information depends on the file on
which it was drawn.

Cheers,
Soren