[MINC-users] 4D files in register + Analyze obj map converter

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 23:32:25 EST 2006

>  Is there a known issue when displaying 4D files in register?  (I realize
> that just the first frame is visualized)
> I am trying to make some 4D DTI datasets in MINC format "nifti friendly" by
> reshaping to get positive spatial orientation of data as descibed in
> http://brainbody.nottingham.ac.uk/users/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=MincUsersGroup.FAQDataFormats
> .
> When I look at the original minc and the reshaped minc in register, using
> the crosshair in sync mode shows that the images are spatially identical.
> However, the composite image does not show overlay of the two images.  Is
> there an explanation for this?

 There is no issue that I am aware of.

> Also, what is the explanation for the dimsizes of -1 in order to achive
> flipping of the data (below)?
>
> mincreshape +direction -dimsize xspace=-1 -dimsize yspace=-1 -dimsize
> zspace=-1 -dimorder zspace,yspace,xspace infile.mnc outfile.mnc

 You will find this hidden functionality deep within the mincreshape
manual page. Essentially, what this does is allow for all dimensions
within the image to be flipped to a positive step. Irrespective as to
whether they are image or slice dimensions. The default is to only
flip image dimensions, that is the dimension that is the slowest
varying within your file.

> If anyone should ever need (and it is not already available?) it I have a
> little perl script and a binary/c++ source to read Analyze object maps. The
> binary binarizes the Analyze objmap (run length encoded) and this can then
> be  converted to minc.
> A perl script converts the binarized objmap to MINC given a minc template
> file. There are options for -flip xyz and dimorder as the Analyze objmap is
> has a very modest header and spatial information depends on the file on
> which it was drawn.

 By all means, I am always more than interested in new converters to
add to the MINC Toolkit. In this case, it will probably be best if you
e-mail it to myself directly.

Thanks

--
Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012