[MINC-users] I plan to write a new article about MINC at Linux Focus

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 10:56:14 EDT 2006

Hi Sheng,

This sounds like a good idea to me.  I would appreciate it if you
could forward a copy of what you plan on publishing here (or to me) so
that we/I can add any extra things that you may not be aware of yet.

It might also be an idea to develop this article(s) on the bic wiki
(wiki.bic.mni.mcgill.ca) then we will have a local permanent record of
what you have done. Feel free to make your own page of
instructions/etc on there as per usual wiki style.

Good luck.

Andrew

On 7/18/06, Sheng Bao <forrest.bao at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi guys( the people of LinuxFocus and MINC users),
>   I wanna to write a new article about fMRI and Brain Mapping research
> toolchain on Linux. Since few weeks ago, I joined a cooperation research of
> Montreal Neural Institute, McGill University, Canada and Nanjing Jing-Ling
> Hospital, China, I began to touch this fields. In that research, I helped
> maintaning Linux work stations in Nanjing, coz no one in the Dept. of Med.
> Img. is familiar with Linux. And I found many workable tools for this
> reseach on Linux.
>
>  I plan to write a series of articles. On the first article, I will
> introduce the MINC developed by BIC, MNI, McGill university. This is the
> tool that we are using now. Contents of this article shall be installation
> instructions, brief usage, and other issues. I wanna write this article coz
> a professor from Chinese Academy of Science, who has cooperation with us
> now, asked me to give him an instruction of how to install fmr_preprocess.
>
> Here is a snapshot of Register program in MINC:
> http://picasaweb.google.com/forrest.bao/BrainImaging/photo#4949571112904753170
>
>  Then I plan to write other articles introducing other tools on Linux for
> this research, both commercial and open-source ones.
>
> Above is my brief plan. I will start my writing after I finish revising an
> on-going paper.
>
> Cheers,
> Sheng
>

> --
> Sheng Bao, research assistant
> Dept. of Medical Image, Nanjing Jingling Hospital
> Clinical School, Medicine College, Nanjing University
>             Home Page: http://forrest.bao.googlepages.com
>  MSN: bsh1984 at hotmail.com
>  Yahoo! ID: forrestbao at yahoo.com.cn
>  Gmail: forrest.bao at gmail.com
>  AIM/ICQ: forrestbao
>  Skype: forrestbao
>  [image: Get Firefox!]<http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=48811&t=70>

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012