[MINC-users] I plan to write a new article about MINC at Linux Focus

Sheng Bao forrest.bao at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 03:30:32 EDT 2006

 Hi guys( the people of LinuxFocus and MINC users),
   I wanna to write a new article about fMRI and Brain Mapping research
toolchain on Linux. Since few weeks ago, I joined a cooperation research of
Montreal Neural Institute, McGill University, Canada and Nanjing Jing-Ling
Hospital, China, I began to touch this fields. In that research, I helped
maintaning Linux work stations in Nanjing, coz no one in the Dept. of Med.
Img. is familiar with Linux. And I found many workable tools for this
reseach on Linux.

  I plan to write a series of articles. On the first article, I will
introduce the MINC developed by BIC, MNI, McGill university. This is the
tool that we are using now. Contents of this article shall be installation
instructions, brief usage, and other issues. I wanna write this article coz
a professor from Chinese Academy of Science, who has cooperation with us
now, asked me to give him an instruction of how to install fmr_preprocess.

Here is a snapshot of Register program in MINC:
http://picasaweb.google.com/forrest.bao/BrainImaging/photo#4949571112904753170

 Then I plan to write other articles introducing other tools on Linux for
this research, both commercial and open-source ones.

Above is my brief plan. I will start my writing after I finish revising an
on-going paper.

Cheers,
Sheng

--
Sheng Bao, research assistant
Dept. of Medical Image, Nanjing Jingling Hospital
 MSN: bsh1984 at hotmail.com
 Yahoo! ID: forrestbao at yahoo.com.cn
 Gmail: forrest.bao at gmail.com
 AIM/ICQ: forrestbao