[MINC-users] about minc data format conversion

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 08:40:16 EDT 2006

Hi Huigang,

MINC itself is certainly byte swapping independent. (endianness
doesn't matter). As for DICOM it is supposed to also be immune to such
things, but then I can't vouch for that as I don't know all the
internals of DICOM and what certain manufacturers do with certain
header fields that may be affecting your conversions.

If your scanner can export DICOM this nearly always turns out to be
the best way to go.  From there simply use dcm2mnc that is part of
minc 1.4 and up.  This dcm2mnc converter should also be able to
convert your GE data once it has been converted to DICOM by your other
converter presuming that the other converter (GE->DCM) follows
standards.

Andrew