[MINC-users] spatially-variant mincblur?

Olivier Rousset pvcorrection at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 17:58:50 EDT 2006

I was wondering whether a non-stationary kernel can be
specified with mincblur (apparently not in the current
version), or if alternatively there would be a program
that could do that? I am thinking that maybe
stationary kernels could be used on parts of the
images [where spatial resolution is assumed constant]
and then combine the resulting blurred images [since
these operations can be considered as linear]; this
would involve masking of the image with appropriate
masks defined using "resolution isocontours". Well
before I go that route, I would like to know if any of
you is aware of anything that could solve my problem.
Thanks in advance for your input,

- Olivier

Olivier G. Rousset, Ph.D.
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions