[MINC-users] spatially-variant mincblur?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 08:44:34 EDT 2006

Oliver,

I do know that Robert Vincent was working on a version of mincblur
that would handle a non-isotropic blurring kernel.  I dont know
whether he finished it or not, Perhaps you could contact him directly.

On 4/17/06, Olivier Rousset <pvcorrection at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was wondering whether a non-stationary kernel can be
> specified with mincblur (apparently not in the current
> version), or if alternatively there would be a program
> that could do that? I am thinking that maybe
> stationary kernels could be used on parts of the
> images [where spatial resolution is assumed constant]
> and then combine the resulting blurred images [since
> these operations can be considered as linear]; this
> would involve masking of the image with appropriate
> masks defined using "resolution isocontours". Well
> before I go that route, I would like to know if any of
> you is aware of anything that could solve my problem.
> Thanks in advance for your input,
>
> - Olivier
>
> Olivier G. Rousset, Ph.D.
> Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions
> Radiology Department JHOC 3243
> 601 N. Caroline Str.
> Baltimore, MD 21287
> U.S.A.
> tel. +1-410-955-2900
> fax +1-410-955-0696
> e-mail: olivier at OlivierRousset.com

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012