[MINC-users] Windows-UNIX problems with Display

Andrew Janke Andrew Janke <a.janke@gmail.com>
Tue May 3 05:21:05 2005

On 5/3/05, Anna Caroli <acaroli@oh-fbf.it> wrote:
> I have labels drawn using Display for Windows, and I need to use them on a
> SUN machine, because I need to process them with other MNI tools (labels are
> drawn over linearly registered images, and I need to apply a back
> transformation to have labels in the native space).
>
> The problem is I can't open with SUN and SGI machines labels.tag drawn using
> Display for Windows... What I get is the following error message:
>  input_tag_points(): invalid header in file.
> (I have the same problem the other way around: when I have a label drawn
> over a UNIX machine, saved as filename.tag and I try to open it over a
> Windows machine, I can't)

Anna,

At a quick guess without seeing the files I can only guess that you
are having byte swapping problems.  Byte swapping should not ever be a
problem for MINC files but may be the case for .tag files.

To check this byte swap the files on the SUN/IRIX machine before reading ie:

   dd if=tagfile.tag of=tagfile-bs.tag conv=swab

--
Andrew Janke      (a.janke@gmail.com || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor)
Australia->Brisbane     H: +61 7 3390 6332  || M: +61 4 2138 8581