[MINC-users] Windows-UNIX problems with Display

Anna Caroli minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue May 3 03:06:04 2005

Hi all,
I have labels drawn using Display for Windows, and I need to use them on a
SUN machine, because I need to process them with other MNI tools (labels are
drawn over linearly registered images, and I need to apply a back
transformation to have labels in the native space).

The problem is I can't open with SUN and SGI machines labels.tag drawn using
Display for Windows... What I get is the following error message:
 input_tag_points(): invalid header in file.
(I have the same problem the other way around: when I have a label drawn
over a UNIX machine, saved as filename.tag and I try to open it over a
Windows machine, I can't)

Using Display for Windows I also tried to open the label filename.tag and
save it as filename.mnc to export it to the SUN (I don't have problems in
importing/exporting and opening files.mnc): what I get from the correct
file.tag is a file where all the drawn structures are labelled as "structure
1", irrespectively...

Has anybody of you had the same problems? Can you please help me in
overcoming them?
Thanks a lot for your help and have a nice day!

Anna

Laboratory of Epidemiology, Neuroimaging & Telemedicine IRCCS San Giovanni
di Dio FBF
The National Center for Research and Care of Alzheimer's Disease
via Pilastroni 4, 25125 - Brescia, Italy
Tel: +39 030 3501 361, Fax: +39 02 700 435 727 www.centroAlzheimer.it