[MINC-users] MNI tools in Freesurfer

Fornito, Alexander minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 2 04:53:07 2005

Hi all,
I've been having trouble with the MNI tools packaged together with Freesurfer. We are running a  linux kernel 2.4.26 debian 3.0 (woody).
We've installed the freesurfer and the packaged MNI tools in the apporpriate directories and set the appropriate environment variables.
When I run Freesurfer's segmentation algorithm, I get the following error messages:

segment_subject 190
cp: cannot stat
`/data/flanders/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects/scripts/brain.dat'
: No such file or directory
/data/flanders/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects/190/scripts
/data/flanders/work/ale
x/freesurfer/subjects
registering 190
mri_convert orig orig/orig.mnc
reading from orig...
TR=0.00, TE=0.00, TI=0.00, flip angle=0.00
i_ras = (-1, 0, 0)
j_ras = (0, 0, -1)
k_ras = (0, 1, 0)
writing to orig/orig.mnc...
mincinfo: error while loading shared libraries: libvolume_io.so.0:
Error executing mincinfo on orig/orig.mnc
Error:  could not open file
"/data/flanders/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects/190/mr
i/transforms/talairach.xfm".
System message: No such file or directory
mri_add_xform_to_header: could not read xform file
'/data/flanders/work/alex/fre
esurfer/subjects/190/mri/transforms/talairach.xfm'

On their own some of the MNI tools work (eg., Display), whereas others don't (eg., mritotal, which returns with the mincinfo: error while loading shared libraries: libvolume_io.so.0 message).
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Alex