[MINC-users] ecattominc on linux

Peter Neelin Peter Neelin <peter.neelin@gmail.com>
Thu Jan 6 17:23:03 2005

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 15:32:20 -0500, dswack@buffalo.edu
<dswack@buffalo.edu> wrote:

> I'm trying to compile ecattominc on redhat linux 8.0.
>
> The instructions say that I have to first compile
> netcdf and minc.
>
> I have trouble doing this, however I've downloaded the rpms,
> for these and installed them.  But, I still have trouble
> compiling ecattominc.

The ecattominc tar file was intended to be unpacked in the minc source
directory (as described in at least one set of instructions). If you
have an rpm that only includes the minc programs and minc and
volume_io libraries, then it will not work. Furthermore, the vax
conversion routines were removed from minc in version 1.1, so
ecattominc will not build with that or later versions. You should get
the 1.0 minc source tarball (from the BIC web site under
/software/distribution/packages/OLD/) and try building ecattominc in
that directory structure. The vax_conversions.c and vax_conversions.h
files are in there (progs/Proglib). Better yet, you could just lift
those two files out of there and fiddle the ecattominc Makefile to
build properly - if you do that then I think that you will be able to
link with a newer libminc and not have to worry about building minc.

I don't know if anyone is trying to repackage the conversion programs
so that they build out of the box with the the new versions of minc.
Bert? Andrew?

Peter