[MINC-users] ecattominc on linux

dswack@buffalo.edu dswack@buffalo.edu
Thu Jan 6 11:16:05 2005

Peter, thank you very much for your reply.  I know I had
deviated from the instructions.  Forgive me, I'm about
to do worse. :)

With the addition of the vax_conversions file the compilation
went fairly smoothly, with linking against the pre-built
libraries.

The problem arises in running, where I get a segmentation fault.
I ran it through gdb, and believe the problem is basicly a
bigendian littleendian issue.  I threw caution to the wind, and
was able to get the program to execute completely, by forcing
to use the vax conversion routines on ecat 7 files.  This
allowed things like the frames and planes to be read correctly.

However, after completion of the program with my edits, the resulting
mnc file has some issues.  I don't believe the floating point
numbers are being handle correctly.

At this point, I figured I back off, and ask the question:
has anyone run this before on Linux??

Or, does my problem truly stem back to not compiling minc
myself.

dave