[MINC-users] problems saving images in Display

Steve M. Robbins steven.robbins@videotron.ca
Wed Jan 5 20:10:05 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 08:44:41AM +1000, Andrew Janke wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Michel Audette wrote:
>
> >I've been trying to save images with a freshly compiled version of Display,
> >only to see that I needed to recompile the bicpl library with a means of
> >writing image files. I downloaded netpbm, and configured
> >bicpl --with-image-ppm, recompiled Display and now I now longer am seeing
> >error messages. What I'm seeing, however, is that saving the image does not
> >produce the expected results. I had no problems with this feature in the
> >past, with prior a MNI release. I am doing all this on Slackware Linux,
> >from
> >a re-compiled kernel 2.4.19.
>
> Hrm,
>
> I too struck this problem a while back.  It seems to work with me using
> these versions:
>
>    bicpl    1.4.1   --with-image-ppm
>    Display  1.3.8   --lpthread
>
> Which versions are you working with?

Also: which version of netpbm?  What does the config.log say
when probing for PPM?

Netpbm changed from four libraries (ppm, pbm, pgm, pnm) in version 9
to one library (netpbm) in version 10.  The configure script currently
assumes version 9 layout.  This should be fixed; see bicpl/TODO.

-Steve