[MINC-users] Mincextract to get voxel values and coordinates?

Dylan WAGNER dwagne@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 16 14:10:04 2004

  Hi Jason,

       Thanks for the response. I wasn't aware of minctotag, and after
sniffing around, wow there's a lot more minc apps than on the wiki or bic
pages alone. I suppose that sounds a bit naive. I stumbled across a list
 at http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/~stever/software_map.html
As I use some of these I'll try and add them to the wiki.

   A few questions regarding minctotag.

   So far it works great, however:

      Voxel intensities are integers? The same minc in register gives me a
fair bit more precision. However for my purposes integers are fine, I'm
just curious why.

      Also thank you for the location of mincbet. So now I'm confronted
with three choices. Mincbet, skullstrip and the preprocessing method on
on the wiki page for VBM. It's a bloody buffet of skullstripping methods!
Any reason why one would be better? The method on the VBM seems more
tailored to each individual subject, though longer to carry out.

             Best,
                   DDW