[MINC-users] [Fwd: OHBM Announcement 3/9/04]

Alex ZIJDENBOS minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 11 23:35:03 2004

This is also what I have picked up through the grapevine - that MINC
2.x has a reasonably high likelihood of becoming NIfTI-2. But I agree
that there probably is more work to be done to make that happen. I
would hope the DFWG will come out with some requirements/specs for
NIfTI-2 such that we (well some of you :) can focus (y)our
efforts. ANALYZE is after all still just ANALYZE.

Is there a timeline for NIfTI-1 and NIfTI-2 (their web site is
currently down)? Not that it's any of my concern, but I have to admit
I don't really see the point of first unifying ANALYZE for NIfTI-1,
and then possibly (probably) switching to something entirely new for
NIfTI-2. Seems like make-work to me, and also - if ANALYZE is actually
improved - it will be harder to get people away from it down the
road. Why not bite the NIfTI-2 bullet right away, me wonders.

-- Alex