[MINC-users] [Fwd: OHBM Announcement 3/9/04]

John D. Van Horn minc-users@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 11 19:25:03 2004

Dear Yasser and other Minc users,

As someone who has been peripherally involved with the Nifti effort for
a couple of years, the committee has been very impressed with the new
directions of Minc, in particular, Minc 2.0.  Though my role has been
limited, I think that the group is taking a very serious look at Minc
2.0.  The Nifti file format is an attempt to improve on Analyze,
bringing it into the 21st century, and make it more suitable for fMRI.
This will form the basis of a basic format.  Odds are Minc 2.0 may be
recommended as the more fully featured format that gets recommended by
the committee.  Time will surely tell.

Respectfully yours,

Jack Van Horn
Dartmouth College