[MINC-users] new version of dicom perl library

Jonathan Harlap jharlap@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Jul 15 18:37:04 2004

For those on both minc-users and bic-users, my apologies for
cross-posting...

A new version of my branch of DICOMperl is now available, which adds
support for floats and doubles (dicom value representation FL and FD,
which previously were not supported), and officially does not support
sequences (dicom value representation SQ, which previously was not
supported but caused the library to hang or crash).

This impacts on the functionality of dicom3_to_minc and get_dicom_info,
both of which have not changed - they merely inherit the improvement by
using the new library, as will any other software written to use my
branch of DICOMperl.

The updated version of the library is available from my web site at
http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/~jharlap/dicom/

BIC users can run dicom3_to_minc and get_dicom_info directly from my
public bin directory (they no longer need to set the environment
variable PERL5LIB) by simply running:
~jharlap/public/bin/dicom3_to_minc -help
or ~jharlap/public/bin/get_dicom_info -help

Cheers,
Jon