[MINC-users] Minc to analyze methods

Andrew Janke rotor@cmr.uq.edu.au
Wed Jul 14 03:33:04 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Dylan WAGNER wrote:

>          I've been wanting to try out some different visualization
> apps which don't support minc (mricro, mri3dX). I've been having a
> terrible time trying to convert functional minc data to analyze (the
> anatomicals pose no real problem).
>
>         Installed ana2mnc/mnc2ana on linux, seems to work, however with
> functional data its output is garbled. The slices seem shifted up
> and down relative to each other, like a comb effect. I tried forcing an
> orientation which didn't change things.

I can really only comment on mnc2ana.

I have found that various analyze reading programs expect analyze files to be in
a standard orientation.  Perhaps try this:

   mincreshape -dimorder time,zspace,yspace,xspace in.mnc out.mnc

before converting to analyze.  (ie: the "standard" dimension ordering expected
by analyze.

--
Andrew Janke  ( rotorATcmr.uq.edu.au || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor )
Australia->University of Queensland->Centre for Magnetic Resonance