[MINC-users] Minc to analyze methods

Dylan WAGNER dwagne@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Jul 12 11:11:04 2004

Hi minc-users,

         I've been wanting to try out some different visualization
apps which don't support minc (mricro, mri3dX). I've been having a
terrible time trying to convert functional minc data to analyze (the
anatomicals pose no real problem).

        First I tried ana2mnc at bic, but couldn't find mnc2ana
(nor could I get make_links to work). Tried manually making a
mnc2ana symbolic link to ana2mnc but that didn't work either. However by
no means a unix expert so perphaps I'm missing something very basic.

        Installed ana2mnc/mnc2ana on linux, seems to work, however with
functional data its output is garbled. The slices seem shifted up
and down relative to each other, like a comb effect. I tried forcing an
orientation which didn't change things.

        Tried another mnc2ana tool from:
http://cns-web.bu.edu/~satra/software.php

        This one worked well with the functional data except it confused
the orientation, which I can fix with mricro however I'd have to do it one
frame at a time. A bit daunting, what.

        Next I tried the loni debabeler
(http://www.loni.ucla.edu/Software/Software_Detail.jsp?software_id=11) to
no avail. It detects the anatomical MRIs as minc, but not the functional.
Go figure.

        And I do believe that's all my options. I was wondering if anyone
has any other ideas or recipes worth trying? Though I've never tried it, I
understand that fmristat imports analyze. Can it also write analyze?